Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lessons Learned in Week 2

After reading the text and watching the videos for this week, I feel a little more prepared to step into action research.  I have a better understanding of what I need to do.  I am now more aware that I need to make sure that the topic I chose is really relevant to my campus because I may have an idea in mind, but if it does not truly benefit my campus and only fulfills my need to have some things done "my way" then it is not a valuable research project.

Action research is something that is going to take time, but if it benefits our district and most of all our students and their learning, then the process will be well worth the time.

4 comments:

  1. I had the same ahha moment this week. While I could focus on web 2.0 tools implementation in the classroom, not all teachers would buy in. I would be doing it for the students and myself. So instead I'm evaluating effective instructional strategies and this way I can still use technology as a staegy without overbearing some teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. I want to implement technology, but I think I would have a hard time getting teachers to join me. I still plan on implementing as much technology as possible, but I am not going to make this my focus.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Amber. Your ideas were great and helped me to start. I agree with a lot of what you said about action research.

    best of luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete